Sue Thorn Consulting
For many charities, events are under pressure. Members have reduced funding available for attending events. Industry is cutting back its support of events. Venue costs are high. Competition is fierce.
I have twenty years’ successful experience in academic and medical event management. I have a respected track record in overall event improvement, including increasing delegate and abstract numbers, as well as industry input. In some cases, delegate numbers and/or surplus have been doubled.
Advice can be strategic or operational. I can:
Work with you on your future events strategy
- Recommend the most cost-effective mix of in-house and contracted-out services
- Review your contract with your ProfessionalConference Organiser (PCO)
- Review your in-house events systems (see also staffing and structure)
- Advise on attracting industry income
- Manage the tender process and contract negotiation for appointment of PCOs
For an example of a congress review, see Case Studies.