Sue Thorn Consulting
"The financial scenario planning was brilliant. We really needed this."
I have over thirty years’ experience in publishing of science and medical journals and books. This covers journal strategy as well as all aspects of journal management, including online platforms, OA policy, peer review, production, distribution, and marketing.
I have been involved with many committees and activities of the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP), including being the initial chair of its electronic publishing committee and I am also a past Chair of ALPSP. I have also chaired the Research Dissemination Committee of the Royal Society of Biology.
Advice covers a range of subjects, including:
- advising on your journals strategy and future options
- conducting journal tenders and negotiating new contracts
- scenario planning to assist you to understand the potential effects of open access on future journal income
- reviewing whether your publishing contract delivers the best value to your society
- reviewing the strategic options open to you for the future, including options for launching, changing and merging journals
For an example of a journal tender, see Case Studies.